Our Company: Professional Real Estate Inspectors is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) which was has been providing inspection services in Hawaii for nearly 14 years. We focus on inspection innovation, cutting edge technology and an unsurpassed commitment to providing exceptional inspection services to our clients.
PREI has extensive experience with all types of residential, commercial, industrial and construction inspections throughout the State of Hawaii. At PREI, we strive for continual process improvement and innovation with industry leading use of technology. Our team uses the most current computer and cloud based inspection reporting software, codes and information available.
Every home inspection, property condition assessment (commercial property inspection) or construction inspection that we conduct is backed by more than a 2 decades of direct hands-on inspection experience. We are committed to providing every client, big or small, with the same level of professionalism, attention to detail and peace of mind knowing that your property has been scrutinized by the most highly qualified and experienced inspectors in the State.
Lead Inspector/Manager: Frank Dugger
Frank is proud to have served his country for 23 years in the United States Marine Corps. As a retired, disabled, combat wounded and decorated veteran of Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraq and Afghanistan he knows how important it is to get it right, the first time.
Frank spent more than 16 of his 23 years inspecting, overhauling, building and flying on 3 different types of helicopters in the Marines. He inspected $400M of aircraft every day to ensure that they were safe to fly and that all of the codes, references, and requirements had been met. Frank brings that same level of attention to detail to every inspection he conducts.
As a trained Lean/Six-Sigma Green Belt, he is continually looking for ways to improve and reduce defects in everything that he does. This is evident by his holding U.S. design patents for product improvement. He brought together his extensive inspection experience and passion for building and construction of all types to form Professional Real Estate Inspectors. Frank wanted to provide the same level of attention to detail required in aviation to the home inspection, commercial property inspection and construction inspection industry here in Hawaii. He’s a project manager, construction manager and supervisor and has worked with top residential and commercial builders.
Frank has personally conducted more than 5,000 inspections covering over 7,000,000 square feet of inspection space. His professional qualifications and credentials include:
- Formally Trained/Certified Commercial Building Inspector, American Society of Testing and Measurement (ASTM)
- Nationally Certified Building and Electrical Code Inspector, International Code Council (ICC)
- Certified Commercial Building Inspector, National Association of Commercial Building Inspectors and Thermographers (NACBI)
- Nationally Certified Construction Consultant, Construction Project Manager and Construction Inspector, Association of Construction Inspectors (ACI)
- Certified Construction Quality Manager, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Naval Facilities Engineering Command (USACE/NAVFAC)
- Licensed Inspector, United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Licensed Inspector, United States Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA)
- Certified FHA/HUD 203(k) Consultant for Property Rehabilitation
- Certified OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Supervisor
- Nationally Certified Pool and Spa Inspector, National Swimming Pool Foundation (NSPF)
- Certified Inspector, American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Board Certified, Certified Master Inspector (CMI), Certified Master Inspector Board (U.S and Canada)
- Trained Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt
- Master of Science Degree, Construction Management (MSC)